Skype

All 9 art Reviews

Sisters Sisters

Yes, yes, cute :)

Full litter Full litter

hello hello hello! Excellent stuff, great to find you on here ^^

ezekielxii responds:

Hi!! Great to see you on here too Pel! And thanks :)

Swamp lurkers Swamp lurkers

Good paintings you have :) it's nice to see some decent colour theory on newgrounds!

Genderbend Waifu Genderbend Waifu

I think this is the strongest character/pose you've drawn. The shape and markings work in the same direction, and the silhouette is good too.

Momoitchi Badge [Commish] Momoitchi Badge [Commish]

Congratulations :) Hopefully the first of many to come! Very cute

Mr. W 2.0 Mr. W 2.0

All of your work is excellent, so likeable :)

Updating Software Updating Software

I think it's good you steered away from the still forming/ fragmented idea; it's very generic, this is a lot fresher :) Nice work on the texture too, the grain and glow give it some substance :)

Study time Study time

Your method of drawing is very organic. it's great to see you go further than defining shapes, and filling space in interesting ways; defined hairs, creases in clothes, etc. You make good use of both solid and soft brushes so it doesn't feel too cut-out, or too hazy. You have a very good grasp of the software and you should be very very pleased with the stage you are at : ) With these skills in your possession, you should also focus on boosting your understanding of light, colour, and form up to meet the same level as your aesthetic know-how. Before you start the image, take a few extra moments to consider the perspective (I have trouble with this as I usually just draw characters and do a scenery afterwards, which isn't great) and how the characters are constructed. Most people want to skip this part, but drawing from life is the best 100% guaranteed way to improve, but it doesn't have to be a separate 'lesson' from how you usually draw. You could ask a friend to pose for a character that you need in that position, then just sketch away, scan in, and then you have a much more accurate template for design. One more thing to consider, when a shot clips off a part of the character, like here it's just the upper bodies, you should always sketch the whole body of the figure so the proportions are as accurate as possible before cropping to the field of view you need. For this reason I mainly do full body shots, every time I sketch the rest of a character it seems a waste to not finish the other bits too lol. I hope this wasn't too much of a tl;dnr, in short you have a great skillset going on and now all you have to do is feed your brain with the theory to match. I hope to see more : )

TheDamnThinGuy responds:

I love every single bit of your comment. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I will definitelly put your advices to use! Glad you like my work :)

Repairbot Repairbot

Ah, that's refreshing to see around Newgrounds, a tastefully done concept : ) Nice combo of colours too, and varied brushwork, very cool.